This year the CDA Lions had 12 members, 11 in person and one participating on Microsoft TEAMS:
- Jackson Aarseth (8th grade, CC)
- Olivia Aarseth (7th grade, CC)
- Austin Clark (7th grade, CC)
- Andrew Dolle (7th grade, CC)
- Erik Halldorson (12th grade, FM)
- Claire Halldorson (8th grade, FM)
- Nathan Hancock (7th grade, CC)
- Ethan Joseph (12th grade, FM)
- Daphne Lessert (8th grade, CC)
- Darcy Lessert (10th grade, CC)
- Alex Pirello (9th grade, Virtual)
- Alex Zechmann (7th grade, CC)
Four mentors encouraged the team forward: Paul Aarseth, Art Cunningham, Chantal Halldorson, and Shelley Lessert.
This year was unique as most of the competitions for First Tech Challenge were remote. They began working in August and the challenge was rolled out in September for them to begin on the robot that evolved over the year. The team competed in four scrimmages from December through February and they were the top-ranked team in each one.
They competed in three First Tech Challenge regional qualifying events; two remote and one hybrid:
North Texas Hedrick Qualifier
-1st place Collins Aerospace Innovation Award
-3rd place Collins Aerospace Innovation Award
-1st place Design Award
-Top Rank 3rd Place
North TX Aledo Hybrid
-2nd place Collins Aerospace Innovation Award
-1st place Inspire Award (top award given)
-2nd place Motivate Award
-Winning Alliance = Captain
These awards qualified them for the Regional Qualifier for First Tech Challenge. They competed and qualified for the First Tech Challenge State Cup in mid-June at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio.
Finally, they also competed in the state TAPPS remote competition.
The team won:
- 1st Place Rocking Rookie Award
- 2nd Place Spirit of TAPPS Award
- 1st Place Remote Robot
We have been blessed to be able to compete this year and had much fun! Congratulations to the team for a wonderful year.
- Shelley Lessert