- House System
Steps to Admission
New student applications for the 2013-2014 school year may be submitted beginning November 1. The Priority Application Deadline is Feb. 15. Late applications will be considered on a space available basis throughout the spring. A Late Application Surcharge of $100 is assessed on applications submitted after June 1.
1. Attend a Campus Visit Day or Academy Preview. At least one parent is required to come to an admission event; both parents are asked to review the Parent-Student Manual.
2. Apply online by creating a family account and then proceeding with the student-specific information. If you are applying for more than one child, you will not need to re-enter the family-specific information.
3. Submit the following items to the school office to complete your child's file:
- $200 non-refundable Application Fee, grades PreK - 4, inclusive of testing OR
- $125 non-refundable Application Fee, grades 5-12, exclusive of testing; $98 testing fee is paid directly to ERB for ISEE
- Immunization Records
- Copy of birth certificate
- Pastoral Reference Form
- Recent family photo
- Recent student photo
- Teacher Evaluation Form from your last school (grades 1-12); additional Christian character reference required for grades 9-12
- Report cards from the most recent quarter and the previous year (grades 1-8); official transcripts (grades 9-12)
- Results of standardized tests from the previous year (grades 1-12)
4. Complete admission testing. Generally scheduled January through May. Please see testing FAQ for further explanation.
5. Set up and attend your family interview with the School Director. Both parents must accompany the applicant(s) to the interview which typically lasts 30-45 minutes.
6. Admission decisions for candidates who met the Priority Application Deadline of Feb. 15 will be processed in early March (or as soon thereafter as the application file is complete). Late applicants will be considered if space is available on a rolling admission basis. To secure a seat for their student, parents must sign an Enrollment Covenant upon acceptance and set up a Smart Tuition account. The one-time New Student Enrollment Fee will be included in the tuition invoice.
7. After enrollment, the Barnes & Noble Book Fair and Parent Coffees are great opportunities to become part of the Coram Deo community. Held in May, new and returning families get together to learn how to prepare for the coming school year.
8. Order books and uniforms. The Summer Reading List will be available in May. The School Year Book List should be published by late June. Changes to the uniform code generally are limited and also are posted in early summer.
9. Summer reading is required. Summer camps are offered for optional enrichment. Older students may need summer school for Latin and/or math preparation.
10. Parent Orientation is mandatory and is typically scheduled the week before school begins mid/late-August. Please see the school calendar for specific dates.