- House System
In addition to grade-specific dress code requirements (please refer to links on the left), all CDA students must adhere to the following:
General Demeanor and Dress
Uniforms have been adopted by CDA to encourage a tasteful and modest learning environment. Students on campus for any reason must be in uniform between the hours of 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
The School Director, or in his/her absence, his/her designee on campus shall have complete discretion to determine whether any of the foregoing or other CDA dress code requirements and expectations are met or how they may be remedied if violated. If a student is not dress code compliant, either, they will be sent home, their parent will be contacted, or after repeated offense they will be charged $5 per violation.
The CDA uniform code has a variety of uniform items from which to select. Please remain within the guidelines for the student’s grade level at all times.
- Shirts tucked in except girls new oxfords (grades 7-12) and house t-shirts (grades 9-12, Fridays)
- Clothing clean, ironed, and in good repair
- Shoes tied
- No holes/tears in clothes
- Clothing appropriately sized for the wearer
- No long sleeves under short sleeved shirts
- Uniform belt required for uniform pieces with belt loops; belt must be threaded through the loops
- No accessories such as scarves, hats, etc. added to the uniform
- No earrings for boys
- No crystal or nose rings (girls or boys)
- No tattoos (girls or boys)
- Should be washed, combed and neatly trimmed
- No distracting hair color or hair style is allowed
- Mohawks, spikes, and other trendy hairstyles, etc. need to be combed down and within hair code requirements
- Hair should be pulled back in lab situations
- Girls: hair should be neat and trimmed, out of eyes
- Boys: hair should be no longer than the top of uniform collar height in back, no longer than the bottom of the ear lobe on the side and out of the eyes in front
- Boys: facial hair must be neatly trimmed, cleaned and combed
- All shirts, skirts, shorts and pants must be in accordance with the CDA uniform list
- No short skirts, short shorts, or inappropriate footwear will be allowed
- Skirts and shorts should be no shorter than 4 inches from the floor while kneeling
- Uniforms including pants, skirts, shorts, etc. can sit no lower than the natural waistline of the student
- Blouses or shirts should fit properly, not too tight
- No outlandish or distracting clothing, jewelry, or appearance will be allowed
Shoes and Socks:
- Shoes should match the requirements as indicated by the grade-specific dress code
- Shoes should be completely black, tan, brown, or navy
- Soles need to be a non-distracting color such as white, brown, grey, black or blue. Bright colors will not be permitted on any part of the shoe or shoelace.
- Athletic footwear is acceptable if it is completely black, brown, tan or navy; a white athletic shoe is allowed for grades PreK-4th only
- No stripes, logos or other colors on shoes
- No house slippers or shoes designed only for indoor use
- No sandals
- Heels on shoes cannot exceed 1 ½ inches high
- Boots are allowed from the end of Thanksgiving break to the beginning of spring break (please see Cold Weather Clothing below)
- Socks must be solid in color and not decorative in nature
- Socks and tights must comply with grade level uniform requirements
- Socks should not go above the knee
- No leggings or footless tights allowed
Cold Weather Clothing:
- All outerwear must be worn over the CDA approved shirt according to grade level
- Only Lands’ End sweaters and jackets in accordance with the uniform code and with the CDA logo may be worn for outerwear on campus
- All CDA sweatshirts and hoodies must be purchased through the school
- Non-CDA, heavy winter coats may be worn outside only on extremely cold days
- Non-CDA jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts, or hoodies are not allowed on campus and will be collected and returned to the student at the end of the day upon payment of a $5 fee
Boots may be worn from the week after the Thanksgiving holiday until Spring Break to promote warmth and comfort during cold weather while changing classes. Please keep this purpose in mind when selecting a boot for use on-campus and adhere to the following:
- Boots should be of a single color: tan, brown, black, gray, or navy
- Ornamentation is allowed but should be non-distracting
- Boots should be below the knee; ankle boots are allowed
- Boots should be warm and have a heel of less than 1 1/2 inches
- On rainy days, rain boots are also allowed
- School administration and house presidents will revisit the boot policy annually and have authority to ask that a particular boot not be worn again if it does not meet the guidelines.
As an athlete, you may purchase an Athletic Polo through the athletic department that may be worn on a game day FOR
ANY GAME REGARDLESS IF YOU PLAY THAT PARTICULAR SPORT.
This means if you are a Monday student and there is a game on Tuesday, you may wear your polo Monday. Likewise, if you are a Tuesday student and the game was Monday, you may wear your polo Tuesday. This will apply for Wed/Thursday also. If there is an athletic event on Friday, the athlete may wear their polo, only on that day and on no alternating day otherwise they may wear their house shirt or regular uniform shirt.
All uniform components (tops and bottoms) must be ordered from Lands’ End. Click here to link directly to CDA’s uniform offerings. You may also access CDA's uniform listings via our school number which is 900054727.
“Search by School by School Name” is associated with CDA’s Administrative Offices in the city of Flower Mound; Lands’ End does not have separate entries for Plano (Collin County Campus) or Dallas. Phone assistance is available by calling 1-800-469-2222.
Every article of clothing above the waist must be embroidered with the Coram Deo Academy logo. An additional fee will be charged by Lands Ends for embroidery on all shirts, sweaters, vests, and jackets.