- House System
Book 1: Philosophy and Vision
The mission of Coram Deo Academy is to train ethical servant leaders and wise thinkers who will shape culture for the glory of God.
• We believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. We affirm His life and works as outlined in the Nicene Creed:
We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father by whom all things were made; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary, and was made man, and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried, and the third day he rose again according to the Scriptures, and ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of the Father. And he shall come again with glory to judge both the quick and the dead, whose kingdom shall have no end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life, who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, who spoke by the prophets. And we believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins. And we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
• We believe in the authority of the 66 books of the old and new testaments as God’s word.
• We believe that parents are the God-ordained, primary instructors of their children (Deuteronomy 6:1-9). “Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds...Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” -Deuteronomy 11:18a-19.
• We believe in a God-designed progression of human learning (John 3:10-12, Acts 17:22-28 and 1 Corinthians 13:9-12).
• We believe in the ministry of all Christians to influence the world around them in accordance with the honor and for the glory of Jesus Christ (Jeremiah 29:4-9, Matthew 5:13-16 and 1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
Coram Deo Academy's Ends
1. We have chosen to educate the youth of professing Christian families.
2. We have chosen to teach Classical Education according to the Liberal Arts Model of the Trivium, Quadrivium and Philosophy.
3. We have chosen to collaborate with parents (and possibly restore them) in their role as primary educators.