- House System
Coram Deo Academy is accredited as a System (District) through Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) which falls under the umbrella of AdvancED.
What is accreditation?
Accreditation is a voluntary method of quality assurance developed more than 100 years ago by American universities and secondary schools, and designed primarily to distinguish schools adhering to a set of educational standards. The accreditation process is also known in terms of its ability to effectively drive student performance and continuous improvement in education. But such definitions, though accurate, are incomplete.
While accreditation is a set of rigorous protocols and research-based processes for evaluating an institution’s organizational effectiveness, it is far more than that. Today accreditation examines the whole institution—the programs, the cultural context, the community of stakeholders—to determine how well the parts work together to meet the needs of students.
Coram Deo Academy believes that the accreditation process is an important aspect of biblical accountability. We embrace the spirit of continuous improvement as individuals, schools and a District.
Key Accreditation Milestones for Coram Deo Academy
December 2006- The Flower Mound campus was accredited
June 2008- The Carrollton (Collin County) campus was accredited
June 2012 - CDA was accredited as a District (System). This accreditation covers all three campuses
June 2017- CDA will need to complete the reaccreditiation process by this date including hosting a Quality Assurance Review by an external review team
In order to maintain our System accreditation, Coram Deo Academy will continue to:
- Measure ourselves against a set of research based quality standards established by AdvancED
- Maintain our vision, assess our current reality, implement improvement plans at the school and District levels, monitor our progress and evaluate the results
- Enhance best thinking with the insights and perspectives of an external review team.
Benefits to Students and Parents
- Experience ease in transferring credits from one school to another.
- Gain greater access to federal loans, scholarships, postsecondary education and military programs that require students attend an accredited institution.
- Benefit from their institution or educational system’s commitment to raising student performance and accountability.
* Portions of this information have been extracted from AdvancED's website at www.advanced.org